Twenty five years ago today I went from a single man, to a man who shares everything.
- I went from lonely, to complete.
- I went from Mr., to Mr. & Mrs.
- I went from responsible for me, to responsible for we.
- I went from clothes where ever, to in the hamper please.
- I went from empty, to full.
- I went from a single adult, to a family man.
- I went from what should I do, to What would you like to do?
- I went from ok, to fantabulabulous!
- I went from my girlfriend, to my wife…hmm that doesn’t sound right does it.
- I went from thoughts and ideas, to let’s build a life together!
It hardly seems possible that 25 years ago today I said “I Do” but, I am so glad I did. For all those out there who may struggle with believing there are relationships that last, that they are worth it, or that, that was the old way and it doesn’t work that way anymore! I am willing to step out on a limb and say it is there, it is real and it can happen. Marriage isn’t easy it takes work, commitment and faith. I credit our faith as an integral component of our longevity, and I will not take tomorrow for granted. Each day is a new day, one to forgive ourselves and our spouse and one to embrace what each new day brings, believing that no matter what we face, we will face it together! Thank you God for the incredible gift and blessing you have placed in my life … may I never take her for granted.