No I’m not pregnant, and if I were I can honestly say that would bring new meaning to the word unexpected. The last few weeks though have helped me empathize with a woman late in her third trimester of pregnancy ie I feel ugly, I am extremely uncomfortable, I have had bizarre cravings and I can’t wait for my water to break…oh wait scratch that last one. I will say, this morning I did shed some tears but it had nothing to do with trying to pass a buffalo through my ….uhh never mind.
I have no idea why, but today I have hit the jackpot in affirmations including a letter from my boss giving accolades for a job well done(which I have never received before in my life) and a
nomination from a dear fellow bloggerWoman In Thrisis for the ‘Versatile Blogger Award” (which has never happened before either!). Perhaps you as a reader will find it difficult to believe that these seemingly inconsequential events are hardly something worthy of reducing me to tears, let me assure you to me these are memories I will never forget.
For my fellow bloggers out there who post on a continuous basis, you I am sure can agree, putting yourself out there day after day is a life lesson in vulnerability, at least in as much as we share of our personal lives, putting ourselves on the hangman’s chair for the general public and our friends to decide whether or not to kick the proverbial chair out from under us! (Please don’t kick the chair.)
One of the requirements for this award is sharing seven things that people don’t know about me, (this may be difficult as I tell people more than I should probably most of the time!).
1) I am a Follower of Christ but I purposely try not to be a religious person, meaning we all are on a journey each of us in a different place and rather than looking at others to see if they have problems, I try to love people and focus on the multiple of problems I need to work on in my own life!
2) I have a missionary heart and have spent significant time, serving others while living in Romania for nearly a year.
3) I am happily preparing to celebrate 25 years married with my wife and best friend (they are one and the same) on 11.1.11
4) I find that the older I get the less I know!
5) I love to make people laugh, which I think would be much easier if they could see my face!
6) I spent about ten years in a traveling Drama group performing in churches, prisons, schools and camps.
7) I am writing a book that one day I hope to publish.
Now that you know everything there is to know about me I will have to borrow someone else’s life to write about!
Now the most important part of this post, I will give you seven other bloggers who deserve this nomination far more than myself. Read them, explore them and particularly comment,comment,comment, we thrive on feedback!
Woman In Thrisis Inquisitive, honest, hilarious and inspiring are just a few of the adjectives I would use to describe her delightful prose about everything life! I’m addicted, you can be too!
That’s a Jenn Story Intelligent and witty she gives a unique perspective on everyday happenings that often challenges you to think about what you believe.
Mama’s Losin It This is a blog I can spend hours at! There is so much excellent here that words cannot do it justice, and if you want to learn about creative writing or improve your writing she has an excellent writer’s workshop as well!
Logy Express Excellent writing on varied topics you will find humorous, lighthearted and thought-provoking.
The First Gates Morgan will stretch your intellect and invite you to tap in once again to your imagination. He also will on occasion post reviews on books he has read.
Twinfamy This blog is about a stay at home Dad raising twins born in January 2011 and many of the exploits shared are laughed out loud funny, a must for anyone who wants to laugh especially if you’re a parent!
Girl on the Contrary Witty, insane and delightfully contrary to most anything else out there. Experience it for yourself and being contrary will no longer intimidate you!
That’s all folks, here’s hoping you enjoy the journey even half as much as I do! Thanks Joanna, you rock!